Octeract Engine v2.1.1
Copyright (c) Octeract Ltd, 2017-2021
February 12, 2021
Octeract Engine is available for Windows and Linux on 64-bit systems. The rest of the manual assumes you have downloaded the relevant packages for your system (the installer executable for Windows or the tarball for Linux).
2. Installation on Windows
In order to install Octeract Engine on your system, you must have administrator rights.
- Launch octeract-engine-VERSION-setup.exe and click next to start the installation.
2. Accept the terms of the agreement to continue the installation.
3. If you have an Authentication Token, you can select it at this step and skip the licensing part of this documentation.
4. Review the details of the components you want to install.
5. Choose the install location of Octeract Engine and click Install to start the installation.
6. That’s it! Click Finish to end the installation process.
2.2 Install an Authentication Token Manually
If you did not install your token through the installation wizard, you can do so manually by moving or copying your Authentication Token OcteractLicense.octeract_lic to the folder where Octeract Engine is installed. The default location for this is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Octeract
The usual way of doing this is via the “Programs” section in the “Control Panel”. Alternatively, go to folder where Octeract Engine is installed, launch Uninstall.exe, and follow the onscreen instructions.
3. Installation of Octeract Engine on Linux
- Extract the Octeract Engine package (tarball) to a location of your choosing:
tar -zxvf octeract-engine-VERSION.tar.gz
2. Add the bin folder to the $PATH environment variable and the lib folder to the $PYTHONPATH environment variable.
3.2 Install an Authentication Token
Move or copy your Authentication Token OcteractLicense.octeract_lic to the folder where Octeract Engine is installed and add this folder to the $PATH environment variable. Alternatively, add your token to the bin folder.
To uninstall, just delete the folder where Octeract Engine is installed.